If your power goes out during a storm or severe weather, your primary sump pump will not operate and your basement will flood. For these times during a power outage, a Battery Backup System would switch on and take over pumping out water until power is returned.
There are several benefits to having a Battery Backup System:
- Works during power outages – Most likely during a storm.
- If your primary pump fails – If your primary sump pump fails but the power is still on, the Battery Backup System will operate until you can get a replacement primary pump.
- Primary and Battery Backup Pumps can operate together if the primary pump gets overwhelmed.
- Protects your home from costly water damage.
- Some insurance policies will offer a discount on your premiums if you install a Battery Backup System.
The Sump Pump Pros uses the top-of-the-line Pro Series 2400 Battery Backup System.
- Pumps 2400 GPH @ 10 ft head
- Automatically switches to battery power when AC fails
- Recharges automatically
- Includes caged Dual Float Switch
- Runs the pump weekly to test for proper operation
- Advanced computer-controlled monitoring system
- The battery can run on intermittent duty for days or for 50 hours*
*Run time-based on 10% duty cycle and will vary based on flow